- Next generation market. Upstream, a MERJ Exchange Market, is the first regulated exchange to be powered by blockchain technology. As a blockchain-powered market, Upstream features a transparent orderbook which does not permit short selling or other market manipulations.
- Invest with discount currency and fiat. Securely trade and instantly settle investments in USDC stablecoin or fiat using a variety of user-friendly trading tools.
- Web3 technology. Upstream’s non-custodial platform features high-tech, high-touch onboarding, user-friendly trading tools, and transparency enforced by Web3 blockchain technology for international traders to trade securities conveniently and efficiently.
- Digital Coupon Potential. Upstream enables issuers to issue digital coupons to reward shareholders of record for their support. These digital coupons (NFTs) allow the holder to redeem the coupon for the issuers’ products, services, experiences or events.
- FDIC Insurance. Upstream accounts, U.S. and non-U.S., are FDIC-insured up to $250,000.
- Streamlined on/off Ramps. Cryptocurrency holders enjoy a streamlined on/off-ramp to/from popular cryptocurrency exchange platforms. U.S. Dollar holders enjoy a fiat on/off-ramp to or from any U.S. or int’l bank when they sell their shares.
- Full Sovereign Exchange. Upstream is a MERJ Exchange Market. MERJ is an affiliate of the World Federation of Exchanges. As a fully regulated overseas stock exchange, Upstream is a peer to the OTC markets (i.e. Upstream is not a mini-market like an ATS or MTF). This means qualified issuers may cross-list Upstream securities in other global markets.
* Note, at this time, U.S. investors are not permitted to trade (buy, sell or deposit) Upstream listed securities.
Depositing your shares into Upstream is easy! Upstream can accept the shares that you hold in your current brokerage account, shares that are held at the transfer agent in discount book entry, or your physical stock certificate. Here’s how to deposit your shares, step by step.
Important: *Upstream has currently suspended the ability for U.S. based investors, including U.S. citizens and permanent residents living abroad, to buy, deposit or sell securities they may currently own on the Upstream market. You may continue to open accounts for NFT (non-securities) transactions where you will be able to buy and sell NFTs. We expect in the future to allow securities transactions for U.S. or Canadian citizens through relationships with U.S. or Canadian Broker Dealers. Note that U.S. or Canadian-based investors include those U.S. or Canadian citizens who may be living abroad.
Ready to trade now? Download Upstream on your preferred app store, create an Upstream account with just a password, and instantly fund your account up to $1600 with PayPal or a credit card. You can fund more using fiat or USDC. Then complete a simple KYC process to begin trading on Upstream.
Full steps below:
- DOWNLOAD UPSTREAM and tap Sign Up. This will create your blockchain profile and ‘signing key’.
- FUND YOUR ACCOUNT. Instantly fund using Credit, Debit, PayPal, or USDC. Tap Investor, Fund My Account, then tap your desired funding method.
You may also initiate a wire or transfer from your bank using deposits to Upstream accounts, U.S. and non-U.S., are FDIC-insured up to $250,000.
- COMPLETE KYC. To complete KYC identity verification, tap the settings icon in the top right of the navigation, then tap KYC. Be sure to have a valid form of ID handy.
- PURCHASE SHARES. Navigate to Market and find the listing, tap Buy, enter the number of shares you’d like to purchase and tap Buy. Simply navigate to the Portfolio to find your shares.
*Payments from a bank: If you haven’t already completed KYC identity verification in the app or didn’t select ‘Bank’ as the ‘Deposit From’ option on the payment details page when you completed KYC initially, please go through KYC again. On the payment details page, change the ‘Deposit From’ method by holding and scrolling “Card” until you reach “Bank.” Enter your bank details and intended deposit. Note that the intended deposit doesn’t automatically pull your funds. You will need to initiate a wire or transfer using the details provided via email after your KYC is approved.
a. WHAT IS A COMMEMORATIVE NFT?
To commemorate the dual listing on Upstream, we’re offering commemorative NFTs to all our supporters. NFTs are discount tokens that represent ownership of a unique discount item. When you buy an NFT, you gain ownership for that virtual or physical asset on the blockchain, typically the Ethereum blockchain, which you can choose to hold or trade.
b. WHO CAN CLAIM A COMMEMORATIVE NFT?
Anyone can claim a free commemorative NFT.
c. HOW CAN I CLAIM A COMMEMORATIVE NFT?
The claim code is typically revealed on the company’s announcement press release, website and social media.
- DOWNLOAD UPSTREAM and tap Sign Up.
- CLAIM NFT. Open Upstream, Tap Investor, NFT, NFT Claim, and Enter Claim Code.
- HOLD OR TRADE NFT. Supporters will receive a push notification and find their NFT in their Upstream portfolio.
This site shall not constitute an offer to sell securities or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities in any jurisdiction where such offer or solicitation is not permitted.
Upstream and issuers do not charge for share transfers, however, transfer agents may charge investors for share transfers. Such fees are standard in the industry and if a fee is required, the transfer agent will alert the investor of such charges and how to pay via credit card, check or wire.
NFTs have no royalties, equity ownership, or dividends. NFTs are for utility, collection, redemption or display purposes only. Anyone may buy and sell NFTs on Upstream.
*U.S. or Canadian-based citizen or permanent are not currently able to deposit, buy, or sell securities on Upstream. Note that U.S. or Canadian-based investors include those U.S. or Canadian citizens who may be domiciled overseas. All orders for sale are non-solicited by Upstream and a user’s decision to trade securities must be based on their own investment judgement. Anyone may buy and sell NFTs on Upstream.
This communication contains “forward-looking statements.” Such statements may be preceded by the words “intends,” “may,” “will,” “plans,” “expects,” “anticipates,” “projects,” “predicts,” “estimates,” “aims,” “believes,” “hopes,” “potential,” or similar words. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, are based on certain assumptions, and are subject to various known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the Company’s control, and cannot be predicted or quantified, and, consequently, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks and uncertainties associated with (i) difficulties in obtaining financing on commercially reasonable terms; (ii) changes in the size and nature of our competition; (iii) loss of one or more key executives or brand ambassadors; and (iv) changes in legal or regulatory requirements in the markets in which we operate. The Company assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.